Thursday, June 25, 2009

It Sucks

"IT SUCKS"
By Annie Goldman

I've had the pleasure to speak with so many wonderful women and men in the time I've been a consultant, but this most recent story makes me laugh the most!

I've been working with a client/friend on her storybook that documents her family trip to Hawaii. Martha is a converted paper scrapbooker and was a little reluctant to give it up, but quickly found joys in digital scrapbooking and the ability to print three copies of the book—one for herself and one for each son.

She placed her order just over a week ago and received it last week. She gave it to each of her sons and they both stood at the kitchen counter and read their books cover to cover. One boy-the oldest-simply picked up his book and went upstairs to read it again. He's been showing everyone since he received it!

The youngest son said nothing, and while Martha was driving him to hockey practice she asked him how he liked his storybook.

He looked at her with a straight face and said, "It sucks!"

Martha replied, "Oh really? Why does it suck?"

Her son said, "It sucks," with a huge smile on his face, "because now every time we go on vacation, you have to make me another storybook! And please start with our trip to Quebec!"

I can picture the devilish grin on her son's face as he said this. It made me feel so good that he loves his book enough to want to keep receiving more and more of them. That makes me love my job as a Personal Publishing Consultant even more!

No comments: