Sunday, July 22, 2007

This old Album

Brush the dust off this old album, look inside
at photographs of loved ones from the past.
Their faces soft, serene, some full of pride,
Share hopeful smiles, that life and love will last.

What secrets did they carry in their hearts?
Were hopes and dreams pursued or locked away,
Buried deep, forgotten prisoners of their time
replaced with courage to face the future day by day.

Perhaps I see a familiar twinkle in someone’s eye,
A grandfather’s look reflected in a grandson’s smile.
These are my roots, a legacy of love passed on
In hopes I’ll keep their dreams alive awhile.

Where are the words? Oh how I long to hear
Their voices ringing from the written page-
Their thoughts expressed, to me, would be so dear
A treasured gift to share from age to age
sidnie may

No comments: